Angie Trapp, a native Hoosier, is a graduate of Penn High School (Mishawaka) and Indiana University-Bloomington. Angie’s first experience in the law occurred in college when she served as a Justice on the Indiana University Student Association’s Supreme Court. She graduated IU with a degree in Political Science.
After college, Angie earned a Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration from the University of Michigan’s top-ranked School of Public Health and worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield in Detroit, Michigan. As a result of her achievements, Angie was awarded a prestigious Presidential Management Fellowship in Washington, D.C. While serving in our nation’s capital, Angie worked for the United States House of Representative’s Committee on Energy and Commerce, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the Food and Drug Administration. For her efforts, she received the Outstanding Achievement Award for her work on the Medicare Modernization Act of 2004, which created the current Medicare drug benefit program.
Having desired to be a lawyer her whole life, Angie moved back to her native Indiana to attend law school at the Maurer School of Law at Indiana University in Bloomington. While in law school, she participated in the School’s mock trial team and spent her summers working as a law clerk at the Indiana Attorney General’s Office, and at the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office.
Angie’s passion and talents in the courtroom lead her to take a full-time position as a deputy prosecuting attorney at the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office concentrating on felony and domestic violence cases. She was a lead attorney on more than 10 jury trials and more than 80 bench trials and appeared in court on hundreds of occasions. Following her tenure at the Prosecutor’s Office, Angie decided to enter private practice and diversify her skills. She joined an Indianapolis law firm as an associate attorney concentrating in civil law.
In 2011, Angie formed Trapp Law, LLC. After representing government and large corporations, Angie now concentrates her practice on representing individuals and small businesses. Trapp Law is built on the philosophy that legal services can both be high quality and affordable.
Angie is dedicated to her community. She currently serves on the Women and Law Committee for the Indianapolis Bar Association and serves as a member of the board of directors for her former sorority. Angie is a role model for young women and has given speeches to them about making positive life choices. She is a frequent volunteer in the community.
Notwithstanding her professional achievements, Angie is most proud of her infant son. Angie and her family live in Fishers.
- Named “Top 10 Attorney, 2018
- Trapp Law, LLC was voted a Top 10 firm in Indianapolis, in Family Law and Criminal Defense, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Women and Law Committee, Member
- Presented lectures on admission of evidence at National Business Institute, 2017 and 2018
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- National Association for Family Law Attorneys
- National Association for Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- Indiana University
- Major: Political Science
- University of Michigan
- Master’s Degree
- Major: Health Care Administration
Honors and Awards
- 10 Best Attorneys in State of Indiana for Client Satisfaction – National Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys – American Juris Institute, 2017
- 10 Best Attorneys in Indiana – American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2017
- Nationally Ranked 10 Top Ten Attorneys Under 40 – National Academy of Defense Attorneys, 2016
- 10 Top Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction – American Institute of DUI/ DWI Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10 Under 40 Award – American Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2015
- Nation’s Top One Percent – National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Top 10 Under 40 Award – American Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2014
- Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 Award – American Family Law Institute, 2014
- Prestigious Presidential Management Fellowship in Washington, D.C
- Outstanding Achievement Award for her work on the Medicare Modernization Act , 2004
- Housing Corporation Board, Phi Mu Sorority, Member at Large, 2010-2015
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Executive Committee, Women & Law Division, 2010-2015
- Solo & Small Practice Section, Indianapolis Bar Association, Chairman, 2013-2014
- Phi Mu Sorority, Bloomington, Indiana, Risk Management Advisor, 2011-2014
- Solo & Small Practice Section, Indianapolis Bar Association, Vice Chairman, 2012-2013